1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Favorites

Discussion in 'Networking' started by fly440, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fly440

fly440 Thread Starter

Hi All
    Is it possible to print out all your favorites ,so when they are printed the actual web address is printed ,so I can feep them save incase my computer ever needs formatting ,.
    Thanks

2. coulterp

coulterp

Why wouldn't you just copy out to external media (even the humble floppy disk) for reading in again later if necessary. Be a hellva lot quicker!

3. fly440

fly440 Thread Starter

Hi
    SO if i just saved them all to a cd ,i could still use them off the cd as if they where on my pc.

Dave

4. coulterp

coulterp

Yes.
    They're just shortcuts saved in an ordinary windows folder like anything else.

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Favorites

You can (from Windows Explorer) cut-and-paste them, copy them, delete them just like any other file. So store them where you like externally and bring them back in later if you ever had to recover them to a re-formatted disk.

5. fly440

fly440 Thread Starter

thanks

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327459

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice