Favourites Lost

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pete-c

Help I have lost my favourites list. I tried system restore to before it was lost but no joy .WindowsXP.

Pete

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Hi Pete, do a search on your computer for:

bookmark.htm

Favorites can be found using Windows Explorer (R-Click the Start button and choose Explore or press and hold the Windows button on the KB and then tap the letter E... if you're a KB shortcut fan)
Expand (click the + sign) Local Disk C
Expand Documents and Settings
Expand your profile and look for the Favorites folder. This is where all the IE favorites are stored. I recommend backing it up every now and again to someplace NOT in your profile.

OK, this is where your favorites are stored... are they there? If not did you recently use a super anti-spyware cleaner upper utility? Some programs consider your IE history as personal data and delete it. Check there to see if there is a Restore option. It can also be deleted from IE – Tools – Internet Options but I don’t know of a restore option here. How about a system restore? Kind of like swatting a fly with a sledgehammer but it works.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online