1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Favourites Lost

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by pete-c, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pete-c

pete-c Thread Starter

Help I have lost my favourites list. I tried system restore to before it was lost but no joy .WindowsXP.

Pete

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi Pete, do a search on your computer for:

bookmark.htm

3. GreyGuy

GreyGuy

Favorites can be found using Windows Explorer (R-Click the Start button and choose Explore or press and hold the Windows button on the KB and then tap the letter E... if you're a KB shortcut fan)
    Expand (click the + sign) Local Disk C
    Expand Documents and Settings
    Expand your profile and look for the Favorites folder. This is where all the IE favorites are stored. I recommend backing it up every now and again to someplace NOT in your profile.

OK, this is where your favorites are stored... are they there? If not did you recently use a super anti-spyware cleaner upper utility? Some programs consider your IE history as personal data and delete it. Check there to see if there is a Restore option. It can also be deleted from IE – Tools – Internet Options but I don’t know of a restore option here. How about a system restore? Kind of like swatting a fly with a sledgehammer but it works.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755781

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice