Fax in e-mail TO selection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

plejon

I'm using Outlook 2002/XP on WinXP

Most of my business contacts have both an e-mail address and fax number.

When I want to send an e-mail, and click the "To..." button, a list of my contacts is shown. However, for each business contact, two lines appear : one for e-mail, the second one for fax.

How do I get Outlook to diplay only the names with e-mail addresses ? I'm not interested in fax numbers when I'm trying to send mail.

Right mouse click in an area where there are no contacts and select show fileds from the dropdown list. You can add and remove items you want to show in your contacts from there.

plejon

The problem is not in the contacts list. In the contact list, I see one entry for each person, displaying both e-mail and fax. This is fine with me.

I have an issue when I'm sending an e-mail.

First, I create a new mail message. Then, I hit the "To..." button to select the recipients.

The "Select Names" dialog box comes up. On the left side, in the list of names, each name appears twice: once for mail, once for fax. I have to scroll the "names" list to the right to see which one is the mail line.

How do I get only the e-mail lines in this box ?

plejon

Tip: switch to a different mail client

Seriously, I have never found the solution for this one. If you have more luck (or skill), please let me know.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online