1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fax Machines

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by dougsd, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dougsd

dougsd Thread Starter

I am looking for a good fax machine and have tried to compare products using e opinions.
    Does anyone have a good site to use?
    I am looking at a Brother MFC 4800 but can only find one review?
    Any help is appreciated.
    Doug

2. shadowcat

shadowcat

3. dougsd

dougsd Thread Starter

Thanks shadowcat for the info.
    I will check these sites.

Doug

4. BratDawg

BratDawg

First Name:
    Carla
    We got a Brother MFC 7300 and had nothing but problems. Our HP Fax-700 has been a workhorse for years. Are you looking for a multifunction printer or just a separate fax machine? We bought an HP 6110 Multifunction machine but I absolutely detest the scanner interface. Also consider whether you need a sheet feeder or not.
    As a side note - I did find Symantec Winfax Pro 10 for about $10 somewhere online at one of the software outlet places - that's a great app and works on the network nicely. Worth a trip to froogle to try to find it. :)

5. dougsd

dougsd Thread Starter

HI BratDawg;
    I bought the Brother MFC 88840D with double side copy
    Just found out it won't do more than one double side at a time, so I am taking it back and getting the less expensive 8840
    I needed a flat panel scanner since I do loans and often need to scan items.
    Thanks for your input.
    Doug

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274258

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice