1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

FAX on Win XP Pro problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by wa0goz, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wa0goz

wa0goz Thread Starter

I'm running WinXP Pro and the FAX program that comes with it. I'm having problems getting address into the address book.

I click on New Fax and a wizard comes up. I click on next and a Recipient Information form for a FAX comes up. If I fill that in I can send a FAX without using the Address Book and it goes through OK so the program must be working to some extent.

If I click on Address Book it comes up. I click on Advanced and then New and there is a dot in the Contacts and New Contact is highlighted. When I click on OK, I get an error message that "A new entry could not be added. Please use the contact module to create this entry" and an OK button. I click on OK and I get a message that says "A new entry could not be added. The action could not be completed" with an OK button. I click on OK and I'm back at the Address Book.

Does anyone know how to get addresses into the address book? I can't find anything on the toolbar that says anything about an address book or about using the contact module.

Thanks

Henry

2. wa0goz

wa0goz Thread Starter

How do I find any answeres to my question on FAX on Win XP Pro problem?

Thanks

Henry

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/913705

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice