1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Faxing - Please help!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by vicki_nb, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vicki_nb

vicki_nb Thread Starter

I have to be the biggest idiot........I am so frustrated I could just pull my hair out.

Anyways, I have been trying to send a fax all freakin day. I did have everything set up so that I could send a fax and I have done it before but I screwed that up so now I can't get anything to work.

I'm trying to send a fax through my computer but I have no idea how to get it to send. I can either use the fax program that comes with windows or QuickLink III. I think QuickLink would be the easiest route but I have no idea what format the fax needs to be in.

Any advice....am I even making sense? What format does it need to be in?

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Format??

When a faxing utility is set up correctly, you just go File - Print from whatever application you want to fax from, and select the fax as the "printer".

The format does not come into it, as long as the document is open and readable, it will be "printed" to the fax.

I think you may be trying to make it more difficult, when it really isn't?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272469

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice