1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

FBI Virus

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by bjb21, Aug 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bjb21

bjb21 Thread Starter

Hi All,

I have a computer that got the FBI Virus and has locked me out. I can sign in but it goes right to the white screen of the FBI Virus and I can't do anything. I have tried going through safe mode both regular and with networking but get the same result. I took out the hard drive and hooked it up to my computer and ran a malware bytes scan on it but it seemed to find nothing. I am running another virus scan and malwarebytes with updated definations now. Does anyone else have any other suggestions on how to get rid of this nasty one. I can't get into the registery or anything. Thanks for any help.

Bjb21

2. bjb21

bjb21 Thread Starter

I have updated malwarebytes and ran the scan again but it still says it has found 0 objects. Once I log into the comptuer whether its in safe mode or regular mode I get a white screen that says it will take about 30 seconds to load then I get the FBI screen. This is the FBI virus that says I need to pay $200 to unlock. Has anyone had this issue?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1065081