1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

FDISK partitioning??

Discussion in 'Networking' started by p51, Apr 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. p51

p51 Thread Starter

I took a novell class a few years ago, and got a 3 user license and Netwrae 5 software. I am playing around with it, or would like to, and am having trouble with the fdisk. It says that I can boot off of the user license cd and use the DOS 7 commands. I can boot from the cd fine. I do FDISK, and delete the primary partition and create a new one. They suggest at least 50m, but prefereably more. It will not let me go any higher than 31.3 mb. Am I doing something wrong, and/or overlooking something?

Thanks for the help guys,

p51

2. p51

p51 Thread Starter

Here is a little bit more info, in case it helps. While sitting at the menu, with the options to:

1 Create Partition
    2 Delete partition
    3 Select Bootable partition
    4 Select alternate fixed disk

above that it says: Partitions on 1st hard disk (31.3 Mb, 4 cylindars):

3. p51

p51 Thread Starter

I tried another machine, to see if maybe the pc was the cause, and I am having the same issue with the second one.

4. Pacalis

Pacalis

Hello P51, just a question, if I may ? Have you tried clearing the MBR prior to your partition ?

5. p51

p51 Thread Starter

Roach, no I have not. How might I go about doing that? I have tried re-writing the MBR, off of the main FDISK menu, and it errors out, unseccessful.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220363

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice