1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

fed up with laptop that refuses to work

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by terrielouise, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. terrielouise

terrielouise Thread Starter

hi can anybody help me with my acer aspire 5929 laptop ?it on charge and the green light shows its charging but when i try switch it on it wont turn on it just dies so i take the battery out and hold power button for 20 secs plug in charger power then goes to laptop i insert battery and wait but nowt happens ive sent it off twice to be repaired and when it comes back it works for a day then thats it :( it windows visita i dont know much else bout it as im a noice to computers and only started using them a few mths ago ! thanks

2. Snuffy1

Snuffy1

The green lite should indicate that the battery is charged... not charging.. orange indicates charging.

remove the battery.... plugin the adapter. and start - just push it in... do not hold more than 2 or3 secs.

does that fix or what happens.

3. terrielouise

no i just did as you said but nottin happened it tried to turn on but wdnt the blue light to show power going into laptop is on where i plug adapter in

4. Snuffy1

Snuffy1

Do you have the ability to test the power adapter.... since you do not send that part in to get the Laptop repaired... The techs can not test it.... most Acers have 19 volts... so simply if you can plug in the wall socket - into the power slot and at the TIP measure the voltage at the TIP is should be in the area of 19 volts or more....

5. terrielouise

yes i did send it back to them because they wanted it and they gave me new one the laptop worked when i got it back with it !

6. Snuffy1

Snuffy1

OK, I have never been ask to send the Power Adapter back . So you sent the Power supply back.
    Ok , it should work then.... carefully look at the plug in the computer.... and use a toothpick or some NON METAL item, plastic will work, also........ see if you can wiggle the plug. normally you should never be able to do this.... but most all adapters plug in rather stiff into the computer..... and removed in a "twist and pull" method...if by chance the method was not "twist and pull" it might simply have cracked the solder in the computer.... where as the power connection is not working properly.
    "twist and pull" would be back & forth while pulling backwards...not sideways.... or up & down.

7. terrielouise

the orange light is shows its charging now i think il just have to send it back again im really fed up with the thing now thankyou for all your help :)

8. Snuffy1

Snuffy1

I do understand 100% being that I am a RETIRED Computer Tech and Repairman....
    very upsetting... well good luck with it...
    Wish we were closer so I could have a go at it....

God Speed and GOOD LUCK

9. terrielouise

you would prob be able to fix it in a few mins if you where here lol :) thanks x

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/906671

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice