1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

feed back from speakers

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by countryboy14, Apr 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. countryboy14

countryboy14 Thread Starter

i have an hp pavilion 733 mhz 256 meg ram and a 40 gig hard drive, when i boot up i get a screaching from the speakers and goes away when the log in screen comes on and when i am playing music i get heavy static in them, it is a logitec sound system with woofer and there isn't an instalation dis for them, the mixer device is riptide, does any one have any solutions to this problem, gets real anoying at times lol, thanks

2. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

Can only suggest you try moving your speakers about seems they are picking up interference from somewhere

3. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    do you have a microphone included in that system... i know some HP's have it as part of the screen - you could unplug and see if that fixes it, if so double click on the speakericon in the tasktray and you should see the option to mute microphone.

4. countryboy14

countryboy14 Thread Starter

i tried that, i moved them as far as a could and every where i could, i unpluged the mic, disabled it and it looked at me like i lost my mind lol, but thanks for the help, i thought it might be a software or driver issue, thanks again

5. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

I just read your opening post again and Im wondering,have you tried just running the speakers without the mixer (is that possible?) there might be a compatibility problem between the mixer and speakers Im thinking and if you could do that it would give us an idea where the problem lies,I can well imagine how annoying it is and Id like to see you get it right :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224146

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice