1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Feedback Forms

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by aerain, Oct 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aerain

aerain Thread Starter

All,

I am currently using Frontpage 2002 to create webpages. I used the "Feedback Form" from the "Page Templates" to create the form. Well, all's well and dandy, but when I click the "Submit" button, it get page not found. I tried adding a URL to the submit button properties but to no avail. My question:

How can I create the form so that when they finish filling in the form and they click submit, it will be emailed to me?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Corrosive

Corrosive

This used to be a case of putting your email address in a certain part of the form code, but unfortunately newer browsers don't support this. You'll need some kind of server-side language. There's more info here

3. lora_3677

lora_3677

The page not found thing is because you have to have the submit button tied to something. Once you click submit where do you want the person to go on your site? Most people have a confirmation page that the information is received. So, you need another page to send them to.

If you want a form that emails you everything... it's going to depend what your ISP has available for you to use. There are a couple ways of doing it. I use cgi (Perl) Formmail, because it's simple to learn and easy to use. (imo)

4. aerain

aerain Thread Starter

Corrosive,

Thanks for that helpful site! I managed to create the form with such simplicity! But, when I pressed the submit button, it emailed me a blank message. Nothing I typed in the text boxes showed up. I'm using IE6.0 SP1.

lora_3677,

Thanks for responding. Is there a site that I can get more info about that "cgi (Perl) Formmail"? And, how would I go about directing the person to another page? Here's the line with the submit button:

<INPUT TYPE="submit">

5. lora_3677

lora_3677

6. Corrosive

Corrosive

I know; it's why you need lora's solution (or something similar, at least). That was the whole point of the article I linked to.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173337

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice