1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Feedback on Intel mobo's

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pugmug, Dec 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pugmug

pugmug Banned Thread Starter

I have read alot of reviews on these two mobo's and I am looking for real world owner feedback.I have a customer with a 533fsb Intel system that the mobo went bad in.They want it fixed now with ability to upgrade later.The Intel mobo's I am checking out are the D865PERLX and D875PBZLK. Any feedback from owners would be great and thank's. ps. I am aware Intel stopped making the D875 but I can get one and it looks good and stable for upgrade later on. Thank you twice for any owner input in this matter.

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

Since I only build with INTEL motherboards I have built quite a number of systems with both the D865PERL and D875PBZ. All I can say is that I have NEVER had a problem with either series board. The machine I'm using right now is running a D875PBZ is 2 1/2 years old and never even hiccuped.

I buy the boards with revision numbers high enough to support the Prescott processors but I only use the Northwood cores either 3.0 or 3.2 gHZ. You can buy either series with revision numbers that don't support Prescott's for about 30% less than ones that do support Prescotts.

3. pugmug

That is good to know,thank you for your input.

4. pugmug

win2kpro, just a follow up on this. The mobo is one fine piece of work.Very easy to install,work with as in setting up and quite fast.I am speaking of the 875 board and have a great day.

5. win2kpro

win2kpro

Glad you like it. I am using an 875PBZ right now. :D

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/424335

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice