1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Feel like I've hit a dead end... Unable to access specific sites

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by NidaYeah, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NidaYeah

NidaYeah Thread Starter

Hi, this is my first time posting here so please let me know if I need to make adjustments or edits to my post.

My problem:
    A few days ago I wanted to play the game Dark Souls online which runs on the 'Games For Windows Live' platform, after several reattempts of trying to connect to the service I was unable to do so, I didn't really think much of it at the time considering that GFWL is generally a terrible platform when it comes to anything remotely practical.

My suspicions that something has infected my computer increased when I discovered that I was unable to access support.Microsoft.com - I am still unable to access the site and receive a 'The connection has timed out' message upon trying to connect to the URL. I have tried this in several browsers including Firefox, Nightly, Chrome and Opera.

After many Google searches and much frustration I have found other users with the similar problem to myself, though mine seems to be less severe, many users report not being able to access any antivirus websites such as AVG, Antivir, Spybot S&D etc... as well as support.Microsoft.com.

I however have discovered that only the following sites seem inaccessible for myself:-

support.Microsoft.com
    bleepingcomputer.com
    Avg update URL (Can't find this now - But it's the URL AVG uses to update/install)
    Comodo.com

What I have attempted thus far:

Here is what to me seems the most frustrating and confusing part.
    I've tried full system scans in the following programs:
    MSE
    Malware Bytes
    Spybot S&D
    Smitfraud Fix
    Super AntiSpyware
    Trojan Remover
    ComboFix

Other than some tracking cookies which have now been deleted nothing was discovered.
    I feel I have hit a dead end, and am completely baffled. So any help is greatly appreciated...

As follows is the requested information mentioned in the sticky (I have pasted all of this information into one pastebin URL, this is so that I don't max out the character limitation on my thread):

http://pastebin.com/9YQAn8ZR

If any other information is needed please let me know, I am very eager to find out what this problem is (if it even is a virus?) and get it fixed :(

Some additional information which may be useful:
    Windows 7 64 Bit Professional

[​IMG]
    This is what I get upon trying to ping one of the inaccessible websites.
    It is worth noting that all other PCs in my house connected to the same router are able to access the sites I am not.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085995

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice