1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fellow Students/Anyone- Suggestions Please

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by bcon76, Dec 2, 2001.

Mark Solved
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bcon76

bcon76 Guest Thread Starter

Hey guys. Been a while since I browsed the boards. Haven't had any problems, knock on wood, and I haven't had time to help out any, sorry. I'm now enrolled in school full time for networking and time is limited. My live in girlfriend is also starting school in one month and we have determined that we will need a second computer. I plan on building it like the one I'm using now and networking them using WinXP Pro. Problem is we are seriously short on cash. The software is no problem. With her student bennies we can get WinXP Pro for an amazing $25. Wow! That's what I said anyway. Not to mention Office XP for $35. Anyway, what I am looking for is hardware discounts for students. Some company out there has to understand the need for, but sometimes limited resources to obtain, computer hardware. So if anyone on the boards Knows where us struggling students can get hardware discounts let me know. Much thanks.

2. MacFromOK

MacFromOK

Hi, :)

Although I've seen several places that offer
    student discounts on software, I've never
    seen one that does so on hardware. Maybe
    someone else has.

Here's a place I've used with good hardware
    prices though:

www.tigerdirect.com

Cheers, Mac

3. Davey7549

Davey7549

bcon76
    I know the UW system here in Milwaukee Wisc. offers discounts on hardware, software and complete computers. Have you spoke with the school to see if they have anything set up.
    http://www.uwm.edu/IMT/purchase/index.html
    Dave

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60426

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice