Few Random questions

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

scienceof

1. Is it okay to mix brands on RAM?

2. Whats better for GeForce video cards, Direct 3d or OpenGL? In terms of performance.

3. Whats faster 1 stick of a Gig or 2 sticks of 512?

4. What does RAM do for my gameing experience?

Thanks.

It's not recommended

2. Whats better for GeForce video cards, Direct 3d or OpenGL? In terms of performance.
Direct 3D

3. Whats faster 1 stick of a Gig or 2 sticks of 512?
From what i have read 2x 512 = 1GB is better

4. What does RAM do for my gameing experience?
Next to the CPU itself, RAM is the most important factor in computer performance. If you don't have enough, adding RAM can make more of a difference than getting a new CPU! its all about data processing . more RAM better performance

hope this helps a bit --
cheers

Ram does not process the data, Ram is your workspace for your apps to do their thing. Putting in more ram wont neccessarily do anything unless you didnt have enough to begin with, and that depends on what you are using your pc for and what apps you need to have open. For Gaming the GPU is still the most important component in your pc.

scienceof

timothye said:
It's not recommended
Okay well heres the thing, I don't know what brand of RAM is in my PC right now. So is there a program or something I could use to find out?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online