1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Few Vista Questions

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Rowan06, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rowan06

Rowan06 Thread Starter

Ok,

I have Windows Vista Ultimate and its great, but theres a few bits and bobs thats putting me off at time that im sure can be fixed. Can someone help me out on these:

1) When ever you open a JAVA application such as Azureus, Limewire, etc etc it seems to revert Vista to Basic mode rather than Aero. I had a read about but couldnt find a stable way to fix this. Does anyone know how I can sort this problem ??

2) Are some programs not accessable in Vista? I have came across a few programs that dont function correctly in Vista, but im sure this is just down to it being just released, does anyone know where I can find a list of things that do and dont work in Vista?

Cheers

Rowan

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    Till a Real Wizard shows up ...

1) We may not be able to discuss this here on the forum...p2p is against the rules.

2) Haven't loaded my Vista yet ... But I hear there's a way to run some programs in a XP compatible mode.

3. rcmojo66

rcmojo66

4. Rowan06

Rowan06 Thread Starter

Thanks alot rcmojo66 :)

Its working perfect now, and im sure its just a few weeks and itll all be compatible with Vista :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540890

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice