Fiber optic broadband and fax mach. not compatible

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rj584

I recently upgraded to Verizon fiber optics for broadband and everything is great except my fax. I run XP and have an HP Officejet V40xi all-in-one. After the conversion to fiber my fax, which is on a stand alone phone line, no longer sends or receives. Has anyone had this problem? I can't get my fax line back to copper and neither Verizon nor HP have an answer. Any help?

I have a fairly old fax machine on my analog line and Fio on my other line and there is absolutely no problem.

rj584

Linskyjack,
thanks for reply. Since conversion both of my phone lines are on fiber. So far I have been told by Verizon that there are 2 models of HP that will not work with fiber, models D135 and B 145. Maybe mine is next.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I'm a bit surprised at that. I run my FAX on one of my Vonage lines, no problem. :)

rj584

Thanks to all that responded to my message. My problem was solved yesterday. The culprit was my phone wire. All is well now.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online