1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

FIC Motherboard - k8m-800m help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TextOnly, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TextOnly

TextOnly Thread Starter

Ok, so I goofed, I failed to take notes while working on this computer hoping I could find a manual for the motherboard online, but I should have known that there would be no tech info on the motherboard inside the eMachines.

The computer was in a house fire so I completely disassembled it to clean each individual part. I pulled the motherboard and will have no problem hooking all the wires, except I have no clue where the power switch was plugged in. The only manual I could find that was even close to my board was the k8-800t, an the way they had the power switch plugged to that board failed to work on my model. Any help would be appreciated.

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

That board uses a standard Intel front panel pinout (attached). There will not be a connection for pin #9 (+5vDC)

Attached Files:

3. TextOnly

TextOnly Thread Starter

Thats how I had it setup, and it didn't fire. I will put it all back together and try and fire it, I will let you know how it turns out after that.

4. TextOnly

TextOnly Thread Starter

Looks like I will be buying a new motherboard, have any suggestions on a motherboard? Power supply too?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650307

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice