1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fifty Years From Now.

Discussion in 'Controversial Topics' started by pyritechips, Apr 6, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

The future is so bright I gotta wear shades to block the nuclear radiation. ;)

2. Stiffex

Stiffex

I was reading about the smallness of printed circuits we are at 28nm on the high street but according to my understanding & I may be wrong, technology is developed & utilized by the military first and drip fed to the High st so makes me wonder exactly what level of nano circuitry used now behind the scenes.

3. pyritechips

pyritechips Jim Thread Starter

4. nittiley

nittiley Banned

plus feed them, manage outbreaks of diseases.. :eek:

it seems wrong to force policies (similar to china's 1 child limit) to reduce the population, but i'm pressed to think of alternatives. what do we do..?

-------

very slammed today, so off i go, bleah!

5. wowzer

wowzer

On your doorstep... ;)

6. Guyzer

Guyzer

In their own aerocars. The population will decrease in a hurry and we can start all over again.

7. ekim68

ekim68 Mike

8. pyritechips

Wow! I can only imagine how hollow and meaningless my life would have been without those products.

Thanks Mike. :rolleyes:

9. ekim68

ekim68 Mike

Hmm...I agree, not good examples. (n) It was a quick quirky search, and I only have myself to blame, however Pampers made a big difference in a lot of people's lives....:cool:

10. nittiley

nittiley Banned

how about adverts to convince people that reproducing has its disadvantages? ads are used for everything else, why not population reduction?

show happy couples on vacation, the childless ones basking poolside or whatever. then compare it the couples with children (& have the kiddies all fussy & whiny). highlight the expenses of rearing a child on a monthly basis, while dangling other products people want to buy.

maybe that would help? :s

---

ekim, i think we can send teflon back 50 years!! :p :)

11. nittiley

nittiley Banned

what kind of doorstep do you think he has :eek: :p?
    hmm.. btw, how many stadiums would it take to accommodate that many humans?

12. ekim68

ekim68 Mike

Ok I Failed on that one, but they did learn from it, eh? :cool:

13. nittiley

nittiley Banned

no, not a failure..!! it's a v. good idea to think of what's come about since 50 years ago (y) :)! & interesting to think about what was predicted to happen & how it actually turned out :cool:

so.. is this thread going to be a reference someday? it would be fun if someone came up with an idea here & it actually happened. (y)

wait a minute, that depends on what the idea is!! :eek:
    things can get a little wild & off the beam here now & then :eek: :D

14. pyritechips

To ask people to think fifty years ahead and envision what our world will be like is the stuff of madness...or science fiction writers!

Gene Roddenberry anticipated the cell phone (Star Trek communicators).

Arthur C. Clarke "invented" the communication satellite.

Isaac Asimov described pocket calculators 60 years ago (Harry Seldon used one it Foundation).

My dad's mother smacked him across the ear because he was reading (in the 1930's) about rockets going to the moon.

;)

Dream on, baby, and post your wild and crazy ideas!

15. valis

valis Moderator

and don't forget Hedy Lamarr and frequency-hopping........without her and her hubby we'd not have wi-fi or bluetooth now.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1048271