Tech Support Guy banner
41 - 60 of 331 Posts
Discussion starter · #42 ·
Where will the human race be in space fifty years from now?

Hopefully still working at the ISS. Doubt that a manned Mars mission will happen in pur lives, but I would like to see us back on the moon.

Discussion starter · #46 ·
Hopefully still working at the ISS. Doubt that a manned Mars mission will happen in pur lives, but I would like to see us back on the moon.
Why indeed. I see no advantage besides collecting more rock samples and drilling to see if there is subsurface water. Of course there is also nationalist pride but that shouldn't be a raison d'etre.

Gotta start somewhere. The ISS is limited and the moon is only a week away. And there are a ton of resources to use there. Course, water would be a bit tricky.

The question of "why" could as easily have been used by the Wright brothers. I doubt they had 747s in mind, they basically just wanted to do it. But look what we got that nobody envisaged at the time.

747s for one thing.:D

Now with the abundance of people traveling all over the world that are barely fit to stay at home:rolleyes:, I'd still think the advantages outweigh the detriments.

The question of "why" could as easily have been used by the Wright brothers. I doubt they had 747s in mind, they basically just wanted to do it. But look what we got that nobody envisaged at the time.

747s for one thing.:D

Now with the abundance of people traveling all over the world that are barely fit to stay at home:rolleyes:, I'd still think the advantages outweigh the detriments.
I'd still think the advantages outweigh the detriments.
For a small elite group.
I'd still think the advantages outweigh the detriments.
I respectfully disagree. If for no other reason, the overwelming financial burden.

Yup. May as well as 'why race cars'?

Cripes valis...why raise your own vegetables. You can do better than that...:rolleyes:
Yeah, but I dont NEED to. I can buy them at the store. So.....why should I? ;)

For a small elite group.
Seems as though you haven't been flying in 747s of late. They're full of deprived twerps (read ill mannered tourist yobs). :D
I respectfully disagree. If for no other reason, the overwelming financial burden.
I just as respectfully disagree with your disagreement;)

Finance is relative and a burden only when you're without. And that's the crux, currently, the once rich nation being a bit tight. But if that were the premise of all times and thruout history, we'd still be living in caves.

Who knows, maybe Mars will become Chinese.:)

Seems as though you haven't been flying in 747s of late. They're full of deprived twerps (read ill mannered tourist yobs). :D I just as respectfully disagree with your disagreement;)

Finance is relative and a burden only when you're without. And that's the crux, currently, the once rich nation being a bit tight. But if that were the premise of all times and thruout history, we'd still be living in caves.

Who knows, maybe Mars will become Chinese.:)
Seems as though you haven't been flying in 747s of late.
Thankfully not. ;)
we'd still be living in caves.
Where do I sign up.;)

Yup. Why do anything, as everything we need is right here? ;)

41 - 60 of 331 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.