Tech Support Guy banner
61 - 80 of 331 Posts
Thankfully not. ;)
Oh I'll second that. That's why I prefer cars. ok, I've got to share the road with all the other idjits, but at least there's 2 layers of outer car skin between us.:D
Where do I sign up.;)
You were born a few thousand years too late, mate:)

Oh I'll second that. That's why I prefer cars. ok, I've got to share the road with all the other idjits, but at least there's 2 layers of outer car skin between us.:D You were born a few thousand years too late, mate:)
I've got to share the road with all the other idjits
Plenty of them "idjits" to go around. :D
You were born a few thousand years too late
Sometimes I wish that weren't so. :)

Agreed. Law of ineria after all.

Inertia even. Dang mobile device.

yeah, you don't get a signal there :D

I expect in 50 years the world will be totally different...To much world conflict, its just a matter of time
Some nukes will have launched by said time...as well as germ warfare being a possibility.
With all the global warming...Canada will be an ideal area to live and people will flock abound...The population of Canada will grow as a result thus reducing the ratio of bear to humans to a more practical level.

Discussion starter · #69 ·
I expect in 50 years the world will be totally different...To much world conflict, its just a matter of time
Some nukes will have launched by said time...as well as germ warfare being a possibility
With all the global warming...Canada will be an ideal area to live and people will flock abound...The population of Canada will grow as a result thus reducing the ratio of bear to humans to a more practical level.
Agree...and disagree. I'm trying to think positive and have already stated that I don't think their will be any major conflict akin to a world war.

But yes; the world will be very different. Progress and technology has increased at an exponential rate since the Industrial Revolution. Think back to what our world was like fifty years in the past - or even a hundred. The world is already very different for me since my youth.

Agree...and disagree. I'm trying to think positive and have already stated that I don't think their will be any major conflict akin to a world war.

But yes; the world will be very different. Progress and technology has increased at an exponential rate since the Industrial Revolution. Think back to what our world was like fifty years in the past - or even a hundred. The world is already very different for me since my youth.
Look at the last 50 to 100 years of wars.
Things have changed now....A firearm isn't the main threat.
With all the nations on the way to joining the nuclear club....and in very unstable areas..you are only fooling yourself with wishful thinking Jim.
If that isnt enough..think how many more will be unstable in the future.
Still not enough?......The wrong person having access.
Accidents can also happen as well.
Still not enough?
Doesnt even need to be a nuke..look at what Japan suffered because of an earthquake.

With that said....something is going happen.

With that aside...we have a fast growing population of people...more food will be needed...more oil..good water will become scarce.

You know they say..if you wash your car it will rain,thus a waste of time.
I washed a car the other day..then it rained...THE CAR WAS CLEAN UNTIL IT RAINED what fell out of that sky I have no idea
White with a hint of tan looking substance..We can be assured wasnt something mother nature had in the original plan.

Thing is no one wants to do anything...we are harming the planet
The world is in conflict
Until we fix those two issues we are doomed

Again; law of inerti along with ' somebody elses problem'. Umfortunately.

Hopefully still working at the ISS. Doubt that a manned Mars mission will happen in pur lives, but I would like to see us back on the moon.
Going to the moon was bi-product of competition with communist. Peace carries the inherent burden of stagnation while war most certainty leads to technological progress....Lacking in social progress but the hell with it sometimes.

Sooner or later we, the world people, are gonna have to deal with over population....(I can't imagine that politics will get it done). :eek:
An easy way to solve that problem is end globalization / crony-capitalism and get back to basics. National pride somewhat isolationist tough on principles. We need to slow down... All this industrial weight being thrown around unwisely because of the petrol dollar, it's facilitating breed like rabbits mentality. I think we should stop advertising the false illusion of American dream, it's constantly regurgitated in all forms of media including schools and it's not just the American dream anymore if you know what I mean. Everyone is in this together...Environmental conditions for breeding are sprouting all over the world and it's no surprise that gnat flies lay their maggots in poo.

An easy way to solve that problem is end globalization / crony-capitalism and get back to basics. National pride somewhat isolationist tough on principles. We need to slow down... All this industrial weight being thrown around unwisely because of the petrol dollar, it's facilitating breed like rabbits mentality. I think we should stop advertising the false illusion of American dream, it's constantly regurgitated in all forms of media including schools and it's not just the American dream anymore if you know what I mean. Everyone is in this together...Environmental conditions for breeding are sprouting all over the world and it's no surprise that gnat flies lay their maggots in poo.
How does that address ekim68s post regarding having to deal with over population?.
We actually have far less children that we used to in recent years.
Simple math shows us the problem
Joe and sally have 2.2 kids
Those 2.2 kids have 2.2 kid
Those 2.2 kids have 2.2 kids
As we can see we replace life much faster than what it dies as we are at 10.648 and started with 2

Perhaps send them to Israel..off to the desert where no one cares?:(

Discussion starter · #79 ·
Look at the last 50 to 100 years of wars.
Things have changed now....A firearm isn't the main threat.
With all the nations on the way to joining the nuclear club....and in very unstable areas..you are only fooling yourself with wishful thinking Jim.If that isnt enough..think how many more will be unstable in the future.
Still not enough?......The wrong person having access.
Accidents can also happen as well.
Still not enough?
Doesnt even need to be a nuke..look at what Japan suffered because of an earthquake.

With that said....something is going happen.

With that aside...we have a fast growing population of people...more food will be needed...more oil..good water will become scarce.

You know they say..if you wash your car it will rain,thus a waste of time.
I washed a car the other day..then it rained...THE CAR WAS CLEAN UNTIL IT RAINED what fell out of that sky I have no idea
White with a hint of tan looking substance..We can be assured wasnt something mother nature had in the original plan.

Thing is no one wants to do anything...we are harming the planet
The world is in conflictUntil we fix those two issues we are doomed
Well, as Billy Joel sang "You may be right, but you may be wrong." I hope you are wrong. And the world will remain in conflict until we stop bombing the hell out of each other.

Well, as Billy Joel sang "You may be right, but you may be wrong." I hope you are wrong. And the world will remain in conflict until we stop bombing the hell out of each other.
Sadly true,
Wars have changed....no longer for the purpose of acquiring land and has shifted to political dominance..with such motives no end is in sight

61 - 80 of 331 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.