1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

File and printer sharing when networking Win XP comp to Win 2000

Discussion in 'Networking' started by wtshipp, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wtshipp

wtshipp Thread Starter

I have a network in which each computer will connect to the internet. The Win 2000 will connect to drives and printer on the Win XP. The XP will connect to the internet, but will not allow me to share printers and files. I have set all drives and printer to "share". When trying to map a drive on the 2000, I get this message.

The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error occurred:
    The account was not authorized to login from this station.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541887

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice