1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

File association and converting VRO format to Media Player format

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by rkselby98, Jul 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rkselby98

rkselby98 Thread Starter

A local business http://www.dinospizzausa.com/ wants me to add video to his web site. Problem is he brought a Panasonic VDR-D220 recorder. It records to DVD and memory chip. I can move the files with no problem to the hard drive but can't open them.

This recorder came with no software that opens this format. Now what I would like to do is not only find software (Free) that will open this format but also convert it to a format so I can play it on his website using Media Player. In the folder when downloaded to the hard drive are three files, VR_MANGR.BUP, VR_MANGR.IFO and VR_MOVIE.VRO.

Has anyone come up with software that will do this or an easy way to add these videos to a web site so they open when the web page open?

Thank you and have a great day to all. :)

2. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

Try changing the .vro extension to .mpg and see if it will open in a media player. If not try changing it to .vob and see if it will open in VLC Media player or the GOM player. If so you should be able to convert it with software that recognizes either of those two formats to something more web-friendly.

3. rkselby98

rkselby98 Thread Starter

I changed the format (extension) to MPG, after I did I was able to open it with VLC but media player will not open the file. Once opened, I can't change the format or even save it so using this method I won't be able to upload to a web site and have media player open it and play it when the page loads.

Thanks for the suggestion and for the time to answer.

4. rkselby98

rkselby98 Thread Starter

Found a program that edits, converts and it is FREE. Easy to use, no spyware or adware in it and believe me when I say there can't be any other free program that does what this one does when it comes to converting or editing videos. I haven't used any others but everything I've tried to do with this program I've been able to do.

Once installed you have to download other software to convert the files to other formats but hey there free and they all are easy to use.

Here is the link to the Edit program and from it use the control panel to the convert software.

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/guides/dvd/edit-mpeg-video-free-video-editing.htm

5. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

Looks to me like its a suite of programs but it seems there is a registration either for unlimited use or yearly subscription to get limitation free use? Still, even if so, might be worth it if it lives up to the promised versatility.

6. rkselby98

rkselby98 Thread Starter

Yes, it is a suite of programs but so far I've been able to do all I want using the free versions with out registering or buying the software. I am sure there are many other good things these programs will do if one can afford them but I can't but the free software has worked for me so far.

Now my next problem is dubbing, guess that is what you call it. What I need to do is combine two or more clips together. With the free software, I can edit parts out but can't add to them. Does anyone know how to do this or a free program that will allow me to do this? This is the first time I have worked with videos so my terms may be way off so don't be afraid to correct me on the terminology.

7. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

Dubbing refers to chaging or overwritting all or sections of the audio. What I think you want is just an ordinary video editor wherein you take one movie or a bunch of clips and make an edited project out of them and then render that to a new video. This is where free and ease of useability go WAY down. I would look further at the AVS products and see if they have an editor that can get the job done. Cnet published a very short list of such programs once upon a time so you might try searching there for more. I would use Adobe Premiere Elements 4 for multi track audio and video editing but its not free ($100 give or take $20 probably).

8. rkselby98

rkselby98 Thread Starter

On the following web site are two videos, what I'd like to do is merge them into one.

http://www.dinospizzausa.com/chrome.htm

I guess I stated my problem wrong so it was confusing what I was doing but you were right as to what I was trying.

A hundred dollars is way out of reach for me, my total monthly income couldn't tolerate that. Not even close to it. HOWEVER, I have done some research on this today and found a few free one but I'm holding off to see if anyone has any suggestions for a free one so I don't have to download and install a bunch of them to find what works for me.

I tried a few this morning and one that did work put their logo in the middle of the logo unless you paid for it. Couldn't see why they even called that one a free version, what good is it if their logo blocks the video. Then there is the problem when you install and uninstall most leave a bunch of files and registries entries behind so I'm not getting in a hurry but thanks for the feedback and suggestions.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/730100

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice