file associations?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ellombris

I'm running xp home om my pc. I'm running an amd [email protected] mhz. I have a 512 and a 256 ram module for RAM. My question is : how do I get the pc to automatically play a dvd and how do I tell it to use power dvd?

Put in the DVD Right Click on it under my computer and choose the open with box... Browse to PowerDVD and select the always use this program.

ellombris

right clicking on the drive gives me 4 options. 1.open with realplayer, 2.open with windows media player, 3. view filesand 4 do nothing. I would be happywith the choice to use powerdvd, even if the dvd didn't autoplay. Anyone else got a suggestion?

If you have XP then you should be able to use the Set Program Access and Defaults...

Start->Settings->Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs->Select the Set Program Access and Defaults on the left->Find PowerDVD in there somewhere and set it as default media player.

--Tehon

MysticEyes

Banned
Try Control Panel-> Folders Options-> File Types. Find DVD Video, hit Advanced and enter the proper info.

Also make sure you have PDVD set right.

See attachment.

Attachments

ellombris

Many thanks to all. The proper set up for powerDVD did the trick.
As allways someone came through, thanks again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts