1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

file associations?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ellombris, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ellombris

ellombris Thread Starter

I'm running xp home om my pc. I'm running an amd [email protected] mhz. I have a 512 and a 256 ram module for RAM. My question is : how do I get the pc to automatically play a dvd and how do I tell it to use power dvd?

2. pinger

pinger

Put in the DVD Right Click on it under my computer and choose the open with box... Browse to PowerDVD and select the always use this program.

3. ellombris

ellombris Thread Starter

right clicking on the drive gives me 4 options. 1.open with realplayer, 2.open with windows media player, 3. view filesand 4 do nothing. I would be happywith the choice to use powerdvd, even if the dvd didn't autoplay. Anyone else got a suggestion?

4. tehon3299

tehon3299

If you have XP then you should be able to use the Set Program Access and Defaults...

Start->Settings->Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs->Select the Set Program Access and Defaults on the left->Find PowerDVD in there somewhere and set it as default media player.

--Tehon

5. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

Try Control Panel-> Folders Options-> File Types. Find DVD Video, hit Advanced and enter the proper info.

Also make sure you have PDVD set right.

See attachment.

Attached Files:

6. ellombris

ellombris Thread Starter

Many thanks to all. The proper set up for powerDVD did the trick.
    As allways someone came through, thanks again.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170218

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice