1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

File Conversions to .dst for Embroidery Are no Longer Being Accepted

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by bmacdonald, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Weezybaby

Weezybaby

Okay, I'll take it out and see how it goes... Will update you on the finished product!

2. Jarrod624

Jarrod624

Hey noyb,
    Was wondering if you could help me convert this into a tajima .dst file with an outline.
    I really appreciate it!

Attached Files:

3. Weezybaby

Weezybaby

Couldn't have done it without your help Noyb, here's the update on the final product as promised! ;)

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. neohio123

neohio123

OK I have downloaded many freeware and open source imaging and digitizing and embroidery programs but none will convert a BMP to DST which I need to do for a file!

I noticed a thread where an expert on here (Noyb) had converted a BMP for someone into .dst format.

If Noyb (or any other user) could help me out, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks so much - I am a Network Administrator in IT feild for 15 years.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

• np.bmp
      File size:
      465.1 KB
      Views:
  5. colinsp

colinsp

Why don't you use an image editing programme to convert the BMP to a PNG or jpeg or to whatever your programme requires as the input format?

6. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

How's this ???

Attached Files:

• Np.gif
      Np.gif
      File size:
      142.4 KB
      Views:
  7. neohio123

neohio123

The file type I need (.DST) is specific to the embroidery and sewing industry. It is uncommon and most imaging programs don't support it. The software to edit and convert these types of files is quite expensive and I could not find and open source or freeware that would do it.

8. neohio123

neohio123

Thanks so much! What program do you use to do this in? I tried GIMP but that dind't support JEF or DST. Thanks again! NOYB is the best!

9. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Attached Files:

10. neohio123

neohio123

Great thanks!

11. colinsp

colinsp

Convert the BMP to jpg or whatever else your DST creation software needs is what I meant.

12. neohio123

neohio123

BMP / JPG / GIF first needs to be converted to a JEF, then to a DST. I couldn't get it to a JEF with any of the programs I researched. The DST conversion wasn't as difficult to work around.

13. rrbivins

rrbivins

First of all I am a total beginner at this. I have tried following this thread on how to convert .jpg to .dst file and am LOST. Can anyone help? I am going to try and attach the file I need converted....

Attached Files:

14. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Some of the detail will be lost .... Something like this ???

Attached Files:

15. rrbivins

rrbivins

Awesome! Thank you soo much Noyb!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1036118