1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

File deleted when getting out of electricity, file had earlier been saved

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by digital_stor, Jan 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. digital_stor

digital_stor Thread Starter

Hello

I am in real big trouble....
    I'm a producer and was about to master a production when the hole town I'm living in got out of electricity ......(!!!!!) very good timing. I had saved the file I was working with a couple of times and just before the electricity disapeared BUT the file cant be found it is deleted (?)

Is there a way to get old files back (maybe a previous state)....I really need this file but I dont want my hole system take a previous state just get/find files. (I'm using Windows XP proffesional)

I hope you understand what I mean.

Best Regards //D_S

2. ceri sheeran

ceri sheeran

Hi,

What program were you using to do this work.

What is the file name and suffix. filename.abc

Have you searched your hard disk for files of the correct suffix

*.abc.

Ceri

3. digital_stor

digital_stor Thread Starter

Hi,

*.rns is the suffix and yes I have searched for it without any result.
    I know in which catalogue it was saved but there is no file with current name in that file anymore, very strange.

4. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

Try looking in the dfirectory where it would have gone had you saved it and see if there's a temporary file starting with a $ sign. That would have been the last saved - or auto-saved if you selected it - version of your file.

Failing that, run a system wide search for files created/saved on the day in question. It's in there somewhere.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/314671

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice