1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

File Deletion Problem

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by cullism, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cullism

cullism Thread Starter

I have a folde with a couple of files in it which I wish to delete, however I am told that I "need permission to perform this action". What should I do (I am the administrator)

2. Giggity

Giggity

Try booting in safe mode and see if you can then.

3. tech-win

tech-win

4. linkinworm

linkinworm

download something called killbox, sellect the file, then check the "end explorer chell while killing file" your screen will just go to your desktop, then everything will load up again on the desktop, takes 2 seconds

5. cullism

cullism Thread Starter

Thanks. Strangely enough, when I booted up first thing this morning I found that the two files I wanted to delete were, in fact, deleted. I was then able to delete the parent folder without any problems. I had thought I had changed permissions yesterday; perhaps changing permissions requires a reboot (which I did when I turned on the computer this morning.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!