1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

File does not have association

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by thepres, Jan 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. thepres

thepres Thread Starter

Lately I am receiving a lot of messages that I am unable to open. It tells me that "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in My Computer by clicking View and the clicking Folder Options" I tried this but I hate to say that after I go to Folder Options I am not sure what to do. Can anybody give me some advice. What am I suppose to do at this point?

2. jbcalg

jbcalg

follow the steps in <u>this thread</u> and choose the program you need
    (ie iexplore for pics, excel for .xls, etc)

be sure to run a virus scan on any message attachment
    (download to a desktop folder, right click and select your antivirus software)

3. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Not as extensive as some, but this site will help you to know what the extensions are and what to use to view them with.

http://stack.com/

4. john1

john1

Hi DoyceJ,

I've added that to my favorites folder,
    looks very useful.

Cheers, John

5. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65084

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice