Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

File Explorer Crashing When Right-Clicking

834 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Couriant 
#1 ·
For the last several months, I've been having issues with my File Explorer crashing on me when I make a right-click of any kind. Until now, I figured I could put a day aside and watch a few tutorials, but it doesn't seem like anyone else has the same exact issue I do. This issue presents itself in several infuriating ways that seem related. The issues I've observed so far:

1. When left-clicking the File Explorer icon on the task bar to open it up, nothing happens for a time ranging from five to ten seconds. After that, the loading icon (the blue circle with lighter blue rotating just to clarify) appears next to the cursor then the task bar goes blank for about half a second and the desktop background turns black for about the same amount of time (this happens with all the other issues as well). Strangely, this issue doesn't seem to happen when opening a file folder. I'll upload a few images if my description isn't enough.

2. On File Explorer, when you left click an item to select it, then right click for the menu (copy, paste, properties, etc.), a similar thing happens to Issue 1- the loading icon appears next to my cursor, the screen goes white like what you see from an application that's not responding, then it, along with any other File Explorer windows close, the task bar goes blank, and the desktop background goes black for about half a second. What made me come here for help was when the same thing happened when you pasted something (Ctrl+V). Just to clarify, the same thing happens on the desktop.

3. When trying to open the Command Prompt as an Administrator in any way (tried the search box in the bottom right, used Control+Shift+Enter on Run, as well as going opening it on File Explorer), the same thing happens as the previous two (few seconds of not responding, crash, black screensaver and blank taskbar).

While these are the only three that I can recollect, it probably happens with other actions as well. Before you ask, everything on my computer is up-to-date (at least, as of 5:19 PM yesterday), everything else is fine, and the computer itself is a pricey iBuyPower that I got just under a year ago. If you need me to go into any more detail about anything, just ask.

Pictures:

Issue 1:

Issue 2:

Issue 3:

Attachments

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.