1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

File Explorer freezes

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by odehart, Dec 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. odehart

odehart Thread Starter

File Explorer and Free Commander both freeze regularly. Task Manager says "not responding". Either will freeze after a single icon has been clicked. That is a second click on a different icon will freeze TM. This seems to occur most often when a .exe file is clicked. I've several downloads that I am trying to install to see if I like them but am having a real problem with TM. The file remains frozen until closed in TM. But if I reopen TM and click on that file it freezes. I thought TrendMicro might be the problem but I uninstalled it and the problem remains.

upload_2018-12-5_19-59-13.png

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

3. odehart

odehart Thread Starter

I uninstalled TrendMicro but the url is a good idea. Lots of uninstallers leave traces even if I can't find them. So maybe that will help.

4. odehart

odehart Thread Starter

Voila!!!!! I downloaded and ran the TrendMicro uninstaller you pointed me to and it appears that the freezing problem is gone. I tried starting a couple of programs and moved all over the place with no problem. So TM apparently left some traces. Not only that but File Explorer is running much faster! Thanks ever so much. I'll keep an eye out and if the problem reoccurs I'll definitely get back to TechSupport.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220101

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice