1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved File Explorer Restore Down Problems

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by captharry, Dec 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. captharry

captharry Thread Starter

File Explorer works fine in full screen but if I try to restore down the whole Explorer window flashes rapidly and 'Not Responding' comes up at the top. Nothing in the window works but if I keep clicking on the Close button it shuts down and the whole screen refreshes. I've run Malwarebytes and Defender but can't find a problem. It happens regardless of which drive I'm looking at.

Running Windows 10 64 bit.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD A10-7870K Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G, AMD64 Family 21 Model 56 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 15296 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 232 GB (150 GB Free); D: 931 GB (583 GB Free); E: 931 GB (666 GB Free); L: 1863 GB (1088 GB Free);
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., A88XM-A/USB 3.1
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Open an Admin Command Prompt and type 'sfc /scannow'

3. captharry

captharry Thread Starter

Thanks. I've run it twice, takes ages, after the verification is over it closes the window so I don't have anything to send you?

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

Go to Start > Windows System > Control Panel > Device Manager . Find the graphics card driver, right click and update

5. captharry

captharry Thread Starter

Done that, updated drivers but problem remains. Unfortunately I'm now going to be away from my computer for about 36 hours so if you send any further help I won't be able to try it until tomorrow pm. Thanks

6. lunarlander

lunarlander

sfc would not close the command prompt window. Did you choose Run , or did you open a command prompt ? Start > Windows System > Command prompt , right click and 'run as admin'

7. captharry

captharry Thread Starter

OK I managed to run sfc at got the following message.
    upload_2018-12-11_15-25-43.png

Tried to upload the CBS.log file but the system keeps telling me there is a security error

Attached Files:

8. captharry

captharry Thread Starter

Can't fix Explorer but have installed Directory Opus which does the same thing without the problem. Thank you for your help, will mark as solved.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220275

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice