Solved File Explorer Restore Down Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

captharry

File Explorer works fine in full screen but if I try to restore down the whole Explorer window flashes rapidly and 'Not Responding' comes up at the top. Nothing in the window works but if I keep clicking on the Close button it shuts down and the whole screen refreshes. I've run Malwarebytes and Defender but can't find a problem. It happens regardless of which drive I'm looking at.

Running Windows 10 64 bit.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: AMD A10-7870K Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G, AMD64 Family 21 Model 56 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 15296 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 232 GB (150 GB Free); D: 931 GB (583 GB Free); E: 931 GB (666 GB Free); L: 1863 GB (1088 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., A88XM-A/USB 3.1
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

captharry

Thanks. I've run it twice, takes ages, after the verification is over it closes the window so I don't have anything to send you?

Go to Start > Windows System > Control Panel > Device Manager . Find the graphics card driver, right click and update

captharry

Done that, updated drivers but problem remains. Unfortunately I'm now going to be away from my computer for about 36 hours so if you send any further help I won't be able to try it until tomorrow pm. Thanks

sfc would not close the command prompt window. Did you choose Run , or did you open a command prompt ? Start > Windows System > Command prompt , right click and 'run as admin'

captharry

Can't fix Explorer but have installed Directory Opus which does the same thing without the problem. Thank you for your help, will mark as solved.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online