File folder icons missing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sshinstrom

Help, I logged on to my computer this morning and the "normal" file folder icons are gone and replaced by the windows default icon. It is every one and in all sub directories as well. If you try to change an icon manually it won't accept the simple folder icon but will let you choose a different one. MS Word and Excel and other program icons are fine. It is just the windows folder icons that are all gone.

If you right click on the desk top and choose "new" and "folder" the folder icon is not the normal manila icon but the window icon that show up when you don't have an applicaiton installed. A white background with small computer in the middle.

Any idea how I get all the folder icons to return. I can't do each one idiviually as it too many and the default won't let me install.

Thanks, Steve

sshinstrom

Problem seemed to solve itself. Not a clue why but this morning the icons returned and my system seems normal. SS

I have this same friggin problem and it bugs the heck out of me. I just logged on and ALL of my icons were missing, every single icon on my desktop was the default icon thingy. i can change most of them back manually, except for the folder icons, which, when i try to set to the folder icon, it does not change. If i were to do this manually, it would take several very long hours, so i would prefer not to do that. I just want my icons back! Help please!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online