1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

File folder keeps re-appearing after deleting?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Chum, Dec 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Chum

Chum Thread Starter

Folder is in c; called "save" it is empty...and clicking properties does not show any associations. I delete it, reboot and it is still gone...then it shows up again a few days later...:mad:

2. Dark Star

Dark Star

Chum,

Are you able to right on it and send it to the desktop and delete it from there?

DS

3. Chum

Chum Thread Starter

Did not understand your question...did you mean right click on it,
    then choose "send to" and click desktop? Did not know that would make a difference...I'll try it, though...when it re-appears.

4. Dark Star

Dark Star

Chum,

Sorry about that ...yes, "right clicking" on it to "send to"

It may help to rid of it alltogether since you've tried deleting it from where it is and it comes back in a couple of days as it is so it may work to delete it from elsewhere other then where it reappears at.

Have you run a virus scan lately?

http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

If you haven't it can't hurt

DS

5. Chum

Chum Thread Starter

It did not hurt...as it found a Trojan within seconds( I did not note the name... as it told me to reboot...after rebooting, I saw a dos window open and close when the desktop started...I assume the virus has been removed because it did not find any after the reboot. Thanks for waking me up! :)

6. Dark Star

Dark Star

Chum,

Thanks for the reply. I'm glad that you were able to find the source of the problem.
    You might want to save the housecall link for future reference. :)

DS

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62359

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice