1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

file is infected. unable to fix after 2 days of googling.

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by mudskipper1, Oct 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mudskipper1

mudskipper1 Thread Starter

2. mudskipper1

ran the HJT scan in advance.

Attached Files:

3. mudskipper1

problem fixed. i rebooted in safe mode with networking (f8). downloaded hijackthis, tried to fix a few of the "unknowns" in there (becareful with this!!). then downloaded adware and spybot although not sure of spybot but it seems to run in the background nonetheless and do something. didn't install them yet. then I rebooted the computer in regular mode, but held down the shift key for the duration of the boot-up which seemed to override the trojan or whatever I had, let off the shift key to run the antispyware programs, then held it back down again after clicking to start the antispyware etc programs. then things seemed to work. malware was picked up and deleted. hopefully this helps others with the same problem..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/957028

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice