File is license protected & cannot be added to CD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rehmann

Hello:
I am running Windows XP SP2 Multimedia addition 2005. I have rountinely recorded TV programs to my harddrive and then burned them to CD. I have now recorded two specific programs, NCIS on CBS and Bones on FOX. When I went to burn them to CD the following message appeared: "The file is license protected and cannot be added to the CD". Obviously this is some type of copy protection but this is the first time I've run up against it on TV shows recorded from network TV. Has anyone else run up against this? Is there a work around? I also recorded Law and Order CI on the USA network and burned them to CD without a problem. I've several programs that I like to record to the harddrive and then burn for my own library. This was a surprise.
Thanks
Steve Rehmann

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online