File: Memories Disc Creator, lost

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mthumjdo

I have a HP Pavillion computer and one of the programs, Memories Disc Creator, had a corrupt file. I was told by HP to perform a couple of tasks to try to bring it back and the end result was the file is now gone. HP sent me a series of discs to do a complete system recovery. I endanger losing all my installed programs. I have an external 80gb drive. Can I put all the programs on that drive and then have a quick reinstallaion of all the programs? Is there another way in which to access the program other that a complete recovery?
mthumjdo

Do you have a install CD for this program or did it come bundled with the computer? Do you use the program? If you do have an install cd for this program just do a reinstall. I really don't see why you would want to do a full reinstall for just one program. I would check out the webpage for this software here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?lc=en&cc=us&product=78076 Maybe they have an update here that will replace the missing file.

TK

mthumjdo

Sorry about the long response time. My email froze up and nothing came through until just now I don't have an istall disc. The program came bundled with the computer. I have a series of reinstall discs that would bring my computer back to the level when I purchased it from HP. I use this particular program frequently. It allows me to put images to music. It is great for wedding, anniversary, and so forth. I will check the web page you gave me and get back to you. I appreciate the information.

Thanks
mthumjdo

mthumjdo

Anton Wan
I was able to download the drive from the page you gave me and here are the messages I received.

The path
C:\DOCUME~1\OWNER\LOCALS~1\TEMP\COL10393\setup\PhotoGallery\PhotoGallery.msi cannot be found. Verify that you have access to this location and try again or try to find the installation package PhotoGallery.msi in a folder in which you can install the product PhotoGallery

The Memories Disc Creator detected a problem and cannot continue
Try the following in the order given:
-Reboot your computer.
-Check for a newer version of the software. From the wizzard home screen, click About, Update.
-Uninstall the software and reinstall (2)

I did reboot my computer, no luck
The Photo Gallery just would not come up.
Cannot find the PhotoGallery.msi.

Is there anything else I can try?
Thanks
mthumjdo

When does this error message appear? At startup or when you try to open the program up? I thought you were having problems with Memories Disc Creator (MDC) not PhotoGallery? Or is PhotoGallery part of MDC? From what page did you download this file? What was the file's name. Are you able to open MDC at all? If you can see if their is some kind of repair option under the help menu. Sorry for all fo the questions, just need more information.

Might want to read through this: http://www.help2go.com/Tutorials/Windows/My_PC_Keeps_Asking_Me_for_Photogallery.msi.html

TK

I had the same problem when I tried to run HP PhotoSmart Premier on my HP Pavilion Media Center computer. I hadn't bothered with the programme as I have Adobe Elements and Ulead and they run fine. Yesterday I decided to give it s go. What a tangle, but the tech support at HP is quick and after a few other things they advised me to "At this point to resolve the issue I request you perform non destructive recovery process on your PC.

Non-Destructive Recovery will reinstall all the preinstalled applications/drivers and operating system without deleting user data. However you need yo reinstall third party applications which you installed after purchasing the computer. All work stored on the hard drive might be lost unless backed up to another form of media....."

At this point I decided I could live without HP Photo handling software. I have about twenty 3 rd party apps and since Adobe Elements and Ulead Photo Organizer are working just fine why do I need HP for my pictures? Seems odd they can't get their own software to work on their machines - maybe they need Carley whats her name back.

Anyone wants a copy of their message email me at brucetrainor@shaw.ca and I'll send one.

Have fun.

Bruce T

mthumjdo

I finally went through a complete system recovery and I got the program back. Now I don't have any sound and have been working with the HP techs to get it back and haven't had any luck. Try a bunch of downloads. I guess my only option is to take it in to be repaired. What a drag!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online