1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[file name]contained a virus and was deleted"

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by dfloyd_chef, May 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dfloyd_chef

dfloyd_chef Thread Starter

I have a two computer network protected by a Sonicwall firewall. About a week ago I was on the internet and a virus warning popped up from my then installed security software Zone Alarm. Afterwards, my connection to the internet was lost but on one machine only. After much work, I restored internet access but had to delete Zone Alarm. From the time I restored internet access I have not been able to download ANY file without getting the message: "[file name] contained a virus and was deleted". In addition to IE9 that I normally use, I tried Firefox and Chrome with the same results. I've explored the options for security settings and have tried them all, but since ALL browsers are affected, I suspect a virus. I tried to reinstall Zone Alarm, but it immediately stopped my internet access again, so I uninstalled it. Note TSG still thinks it's installed.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
    Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E6700 @ 3.20GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3293 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset, 1422 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 476837 MB, Free - 442073 MB;
    Motherboard: MSI, G41M4 (MS-7592)
    Antivirus: ZoneAlarm Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1099535

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice