1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

File names in scan display - No virus??

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by eaglei, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eaglei

eaglei Thread Starter

I could find anything like this in any other posts so here we go - - - I think I have a problem with my PC and Anti-Virus software. During virus scans (I use Norton Antivirus) I see the names of the files being scanned and see files that are not valid. The locations are usually C:\Windows\, C:\Windows\system32\, or C:\Windows\Programs\ Some actual names: ZBKAngel, e1.dll, hookerDll.dll, BillSux.exe, Jammer2nd.exe, Hazafibb, Spylocked.exe, (boxes).exe, and there are others. NAV Scans do not report any infections related to these files, only the typical spyware cookies.

I researched Symantec site (and others) and see they are associated with viruses/Trojans. Symantec live tech support could not find anything and when I perform a file search on my PC or look at Registry Entries I cannot find anything.

My security software: Current subscriptions for Norton Internet Security 2007 and Webroot SpySweeper. I had Webroot before the NAV package included the Anti-Spyware tool.

Additional tools recently used: MicroTrend online scan, Panda online scan, and the BitDefender trial version. A few minor things were located - mostly cookies / spyware and one reported Trojan.Downloader.Ruin and removed it.

I am still seeing those files names listed though. Bottom line is should I believe the scan results or do I have an issue based on seeing those file names listed when scanning with Norton? (or am I just crazy?)

Attached are .txt files from running HiJack This! and the Panda Acivescan.

Your help is very appreciated by me and my wife (who is tired of me holding the PC hostage until this is resolved).

eaglei (spending too much time looking at file names in the scan display)

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/589700

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice