1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

File options changed themselves

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by mytrixrnot4kids, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mytrixrnot4kids

mytrixrnot4kids Thread Starter

I am having a trouble with my file folders. I deal with subcontractors and have a set process to follow. I have a folder and inside that folder, I have subfolders for each subcontractor and also a subfolder labelled finished for subs who have completed the process. When I am finished with the process for a specific subcontractor, I drag and drop their file into the subfolder labeled finished. I frequently go into that subfolder to verify information. Suddenly, windows 8 does not display individual subcontractor folders in that subfolder. Instead, it lists each individual file according to the last time that I worked on it. I'm not sure how this changed but it is making it very hard for me to find the documents that I want. I would like to click on the finished folder and see just the individual subcontractor folders like before. I've tried to change it back but I have no idea how to.

2. ETech7

ETech7

Did you actually had folders in Finished folder, or are you talking about grouping?
    I am not sure that Windows could move files and delete folders by it self.

3. mytrixrnot4kids

The files are still listed as being located in invidual folders but instead of seeing the folders, I see a list of every single file in the main, finished folder. I think what happened, is I was trying to get a list of the last time that I worked on each individual subcontractors and I had it sort them by date modified and that's when it all changed.

4. ETech7

ETech7

Do you think you can post a screenshot here?

5. mytrixrnot4kids

Here is the screen shot. All of these files are in folders and I want to just see the folders, not all the files mixed together.

Attached Files:

6. ETech7

ETech7

You will have to remove subfolders in Finished from the library Documents (right-click, choose, remove).

7. ETech7

ETech7

Only leave Finished in that library, not the subfolders.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090051

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice