1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

File permission

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Guillermojm, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Guillermojm

Guillermojm Banned Thread Starter

Hey guys

I am trying to remove the metadata off an image, when i hit apply it tells me i need permission from my admin account ... i am logged in as admin.. i have gone into properties and made sure i had full permission but still no luck... i am able to delete the file or rename it, but it wont let me remove the metadata

any ideas?

2. raybro

raybro

Win 8 pops up that message about admin privileges needed for any number of things on my Win 8 system. I my case I just click OK (or Yes, don't recall which) and it proceeds with the operation. I, to, am a single user on my computer and am the Admin.

Don't know if this is of any help or even if yours is the same, but just thought I'd post it FYI.

3. Guillermojm

Thank you for the reply,

the window that pops up doesn't give me a yes or no option ... it says i need permission from admin..... i am also a single user on this computer.

4. raybro

raybro

The only other thought I have would be to give it try in Safe mode (with networking if you need internet access). I haven't seen this on Win 8 computer, but on my older XP machine, Safe mode had a separate log in for Admin from my user log in.

5. Guillermojm

Started in safe mode... no luck ...

here is a screen shot of the error i am getting maybe this will help
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/fg9ef64j9zzmbir/Error.jpg

6. raybro

raybro

I've done this on XP, but not in Win 8. The process looks similar, so it should work. What I'm referring to is taking ownership of a file. Click here to review the process.

This may or may not solve your difficulty, but I strongly suggest you backup your files and if possible create a full backup image of your hard drive before you attempt the process. Just good practice whenever you attempt anything of this sort. Not doing so could possibly result in disaster.

7. raybro

raybro

Found another method that looks better to me, although I've not used it. Click here to check it out.

8. Guillermojm

Tried a few of the options on this guide .... no luck...

tried the take ownership app....no luck..

on windows xp/7 i never had this problem ... i wonder if its a win 8 issue or maybe when i backed up those files before i upgraded i messed something up....

9. raybro

raybro

I'm out of ideas at the moment. If i think of anything else, I'll post back. Meanwhile, perhaps another member will respond.

Good Luck... :)

10. Guillermojm

No problem if i do find a way to resolve the issue i will post it here....

thanks for the time an effort you put into it. :)

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082743

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice