File Print

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PC_DISK1

There is this file that I have. Its about 53 pages. Using windows 95 and Office 97 the document wont print. it goes throught everything and right before it spools the last page I get an error. Something like spool fault in winword.exe. I have no option but to click close or details. Close will end the program. But i tried to print it from 6 other computers and it works fine on 5. The same error happend to the last PC. I reinstalled Office and SP. Played with print spooling settings. What else can I do?
Thanks

Anne Troy

Anne
If you followed the instructions, it should be deleted regardless of where it resides. However, I think it would be in the windows\temp or temp folder of the hard drive, I'm not entirely sure.

A spool file is, basically, a file that holds the translation of the document from the application to the printer. Once the file is sent to the printer, the spool file "should" disappear. Hence, it doesn't "exist" unless it's a temp file that needs to be deleted anyway.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online