1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

File Rebuild????????

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Gabriel, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gabriel

Gabriel Account Closed Thread Starter

Hi. I just went through the ringer trying to get my aol connection settings redone. They finally told me I would have to call Systemax, and get a TCPIP spacks rebuild.........how do they figure this out....is it for real? Is it just a run around......I am getting back online but a little slower....should i change back the settings the way I had them before the problem?

2. mobo

mobo

in "network properties" from the control panel, remove the microsoft client and all instances of tcp-ip even the ones that may be related to another device.
    REBOOT
    re-install Microsoft client and TCP-IP.
    Yes, sorry REBOOT again.

3. Gabriel

Gabriel Account Closed Thread Starter

Mobo, How do I do that.....Where do the uninstalled things go, and how do I reinstall them?? I am very new at this

4. sirgrief

sirgrief

you install/uninstall them in the properties of the connection you're using. when they are uninstalled, the computer needs to be rebooted in order to rid itself of all the nastiness AOL installs on your computer. after reboot, go back to the same screen and click "install..." button. you'll have to install each item again, once for the TCP/IP _PROTOCOL_ and another time for the _CLIENT_. Hope this helps.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/268861

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice