1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

File Recovery

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 13u14, Mar 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 13u14

13u14 Thread Starter

I have windows Vista and the other day i was on my computer and deleted itunes and quicktime from my computer and right after i did a disk cleanup and i do not know what happened but all of my files on my hardrive got formated. Can someone please tell me how can i get my 20 GB of music back into my computer if possible? Thanks in advace!

2. EnfoToad

EnfoToad

Have you tried System Restore?

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

How did you "delete" iTunes and QT?

4. 13u14

13u14 Thread Starter

I deleted Itunes and QT by using uninstall programs in control panel and i've tried a system restore but it does not affect files. Another thing that i would like to add is that all of my music was in the folder my music if that would help?

5. EnfoToad

EnfoToad

When you uninstall iTunes it will only get rid of the following file with music:
    C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\My Music\iTunes

If you saved it somewhere else like My Music, it is probably still there.

Also if you use an iPod you can get the music off the iPod and dump it onto the PC
    http://www.cnet.com/4520-7899_1-6477981-1.html

6. Rich-M

Rich-M

System Restore doers not restore files.

7. Rich-M

Rich-M

If the files are still there then installing the program should find them again...

8. EnfoToad

EnfoToad

My bad you are right Rich-M.

9. 13u14

13u14 Thread Starter

no itunes had nothing to do with it. i dont even have an ipod i just needed it for one day but somehow my somputer deleted my music in my music folder, my pictures in my pictures folder, and my videos in my videos folder all i waqnt to know is if there is a way to get everything back that somehow got deleted from my harddrive.

10. Elvandil

Elvandil

There may be no way to get things back, but do a complete search of your drive for one of the titles just to be sure that they are not there somewhere.

11. 13u14

13u14 Thread Starter

the only way i can get things back is from my zune...wny way??? if i did myself, delete my files it would be in the recycle bin but it was formatted therefore files are removed from the harddrive. :(

12. Elvandil

Elvandil

The drive could not have been formatted or Windows would be gone, too. But formatting doesn't even remove files from the hard drive--it just removes them from the drive's table of contents.

Have you searched your entire drive for one of the files to be sure they are not on the drive somewhere?

Try:

DriveRescue

if you want to scan to see if they have been deleted.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698155

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice