1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

File sharing issues.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by SepiasSoul, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SepiasSoul

SepiasSoul Thread Starter

This is the second time this has happened. The URL to the original post is this
    http://forums.techguy.org/networking/534975-network-file-sharing-issues.html#post4358326

The same issues are happening again. The only thing I can think of that could have caused this is installing SP2. Basically the wireless connections are sucking again. The users are still there and the sharing looks to be the same as well. The only other thing I did to the PC is switch the IP address to the router to a static IP. Any help on this would be great... Its getting really annoying.

Thanks in advance
    Sepias

2. oliver.d

oliver.d

Did this problem occur just after installing service pack 2? Also, when you refer to sucking, how do you mean? What encryption methods are you using on your router, and also, what security software are you using on your computer(s).

3. SepiasSoul

SepiasSoul Thread Starter

By sucking I mean it takes 90 minutes to transfer a file that is around 200 megs through a wireless G system. The server is naked at the moment since I can't get it working right. It usually runs either nortons firewall or the SP2 firewall. It had been about a week since I tried a wireless transfer, and I installed SP2 a little under a week ago.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541637

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice