Solved File sharing over home network

Totores

Hi all,
need a bit of help, I have a home network with several computers connected

Home - Main (Windows 7) Failing
Home - New PC (windows 10) to replace failing

I have created a folder in each PC and set to share everyone read/write (so that I can transfer files from the old to the new PC) easier than to use a USB stick.
When I look at the network I can see the Main and New PC but when I click on Home - New I get "Enter Network Password" this happens both ways
These were placed on the home network some time ago and I don't know what the "Network password is"
I have tried several combination such as the Wi-fi and sever other, can someone please point me in the right direction as to how to retrieve or reset the Network password

Thanks

Totores

Think I got it, I may have forgotten to mention that I can see the folders that I'm sharing.
So i went into Network and sharing center and turned off password protection sharing🙄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online