1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

File text turn into BLUE...!!! ..Help

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by wxyz, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wxyz

wxyz Thread Starter

Hi All,

I'm using WinXP home edition. 2 HDD with NTFS.

Before all of my file text were black, but suddenly one day some of them become blue. I reinstall the OS 3 times, but it doesn't help at all.

For example, if I keep 5 file today, tomorrow or next day 2/3 of them will turn into blue.

How to get rid of this? Dose anyone know it?

2. unbidden

unbidden

Are you talking about hidden system files?

Please give an example of the type of file you are having a problem with.

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

This is normal behavior for an NTFS partition. The system is compressing them. If you don't want them to appear blue, you can turn that option off. Go to Tools -> Folder Options, click on the View tab, and uncheck "Show encrypted or compressed NTFS files in color".

4. wxyz

wxyz Thread Starter

Thank u,

It solves the problem. Can u tell me will it make any problem in future?
    I also using another pc with "WinXP Pro" 1 HDD NTFS. But any file text doesn't turn into blue? Is "WinXP Pro" is better the "Win XP Home"?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/491400

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice