1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

File type EX$ and BIN

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by RoystonD, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoystonD

RoystonD Thread Starter

A few years ago I purchased a program called "The Jazz Pianist" and at that time I had an early version of Windows. I lost track of the file on changing computers (and to XP) but I find I have the two original floppy disks with this title on and I would dearly like to run it however most of the files have extensions MI$ or DK.and significant file (perhaps) are INSTALL (no file extension but properties show it is a BIN file) and JAZZPIAN.EX$ . The instruction on the Floppies says "Type Install from windows". I have tried clicking on these but they obviously need something more. I have also tried going to Command Line, changing to the CD drive where I have burnt all the files (see below) and typing "Install" but this is not recognised.

Two other points: I have tried to find the program again on the Net as I would buy it again if I could but I can't.

Also my floppydrive has packed up (actually I get the eroor message "insert disk in drive" which seems to be a common error) so using another computer I have copied all the files onto a CD,

I can't attach a file as the extension is not of the type permitted as an attachment.

Is there anyway I can get this program to run?

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755478

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice