1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

File won't Open

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by statelyjunk, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. statelyjunk

statelyjunk Thread Starter

I'm having trouble opening an essay Ive been working on which is the final piece for my post graduate. It's causing me a great deal of stress!!

the error that comes up when I open it is...

SAXParseException: '[word/document.xml line 2]: Attribute w:cstheme redefined ', Stream 'word/document.xml', Line 2, Column 45097(row,col).

its then fails to open and closes.

Im using Libre office the free download if thats any referance.

Any help whatsoever will be much appreciated, it will kill me if i lose this document.

Regards tom

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi Tom, and welcome to TSG.

Was the document created or ever opened and saved using Microsoft Word? If so, what version of Word?

EDIT: If the file was last successfully opened and then saved with Libre, what file format was used to save it?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  3. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
  4. statelyjunk

It wasnt created with word but i tried to open it up on my work computer which does use it. The error message that came up there was:

No attribute name may appear more then once in the same start tag or empty element tag.

dont know it that helps

5. statelyjunk

I'm completely out of my depth here but im trying to delete this line of code (I've never coded before) and my main issue seems to be that i cant convert the file from a .docx to a .xml to fix the messed up line of code.

I barely even know what im talking about so lamens terms would help!

6. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    As I posted above, "This is way above my pay grade". That means, I do not understand how to do this and have no way of testing to see what works and doesn't work.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1164020

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice