1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

files and folders exist but do not appear

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wdguy, Mar 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wdguy

wdguy Thread Starter

HI techies,
    i have a western digital pro book external hd , it has all my mp3s pictures files etc stored in it, yesterday while i was transferring a few songs onto the drive i got an windows write error message and the copy process failed (this happens once in a while), so i unplugged the usb and plugged it right back in, then i started facing a weird problem, i have this folder which has subfolders n files (read pics) arranged alphabetically, all the sub folders and files whose name begins with c , d so on till z have disappeared only the ones which are named with a or b appear, i installed a data recovery software to check if the files n subfolders were deleted, but they werent the software shows the files n subfolders as PRESENT in the directory. and the size of the main directory also hasn't changed.
    need urgent help on this,
    thanks in advance
    wd

ps i am using windows xp pro edition sp2

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/555499

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice