1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Files and Settings Transfer Wizard - Not Saving HKEY_CURRENT_USER Registry Branch

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by des000, Nov 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. des000

des000 Thread Starter

I've learned now heavily about the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard. I've also learned about the USMT, which I've not yet used in practice, but learned the basics of in the .inf version. Studying that was how I was able to learn this deep into the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard. Basically, the two have similar, but not exactly the same configuration.

Now here I'll post the configuration for the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard. I took what I found already there, and was adding features to it. I didn't create this from scratch, and it would've been silly to, as it's a configuration file.

My issue is that whenever I'm saving settings, anytime I tell it to save something from HKEY_CURRENT_USER in the registry, it does not work. I was needing to know if anyone knows why, so I can correct it please.

Attached Files:

2. des000

des000 Thread Starter

I just learned of this file. It might help too. I was repeating the options I used to see if this file came out or not for saving it. It did. Hopefully it will help, and reveal the issues.

Attached Files:

3. des000

des000 Thread Starter

And another FASTWIZ.log. In this one I was experimenting with the key root names. Since HKEY_CURRENT_USER points to a branch in HKEY_USERS, I pointed the configuration to save this error, to see if maybe it doesn't understand that kind of pointers or something. Well, I get the same error.

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!